On Monday 12 July Sue Williams, General Manager at Whatley Manor Hotel and Spa, was honoured at the inaugural ‘Brit List’ awards as one of the 25 top hoteliers in the UK.
The award, which was organised by Hotel Designs, the leading online news and analysis site for hoteliers and interior designers, is a celebration of the most influential and inspirational individuals in the hotel and design industries today and was revealed at a party attended by more than 200 of the industry’s biggest names at the M by Montcalm in Shoreditch.
Sue joined Whatley Manor, the exclusive five-red-AA-star 23-bedroom hotel near Malmesbury in Wiltshire, in September 2016 bringing a wealth of luxury hotel experience. She had spent the previous four years as general manager of Cliveden House, in Taplow, Berkshire and prior to this was at the Bath Priory for 10 years, during which time she oversaw Gidleigh Park in Devon and Lower Slaughter Manor in the Cotswolds.
Commenting on the award Sue said: “I am thrilled to have been recognised on the Brit List and to appear alongside some very distinguished names within the hospitality industry. In the 10 months since joining Whatley Manor I have been working with the team to take the hotel into the next phase of its development and we have some very exciting plans underway. Most notably our new executive chef, Niall Keating, joined the hotel last December and refurbishment plans are under way for our Brasserie restaurant, Grey’s, to create a ‘Modern European Den’. We are also creating a new ‘Green Room’ which will be a stylish event space for guests to sit at the chefs table and chat as they cook in front of them. Both are due to open in November”.
Commenting on the awards Hotel Designs editor Daniel Fountain said: “It was fantastic to host such a varied mix of influential and interesting people. We wanted to celebrate the fantastic hard work of some of the best hoteliers working in the UK and Ireland right now, and the vision of some of the finest architects and interior designers working in the industry today.
A one-night stay at Whatley Manor costs from £275 for a standard room including bed and breakfast, plus full use of the award-winning spa Aquarias. Whatley Manor 01666 822 888; www.whatleymanor.com
- Ends -
For further information please call Anthea Yabsley at IDeal Public Relations on 020 8578 6777 or email email@example.com or contact Eloise Gordon on 01666 827086 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Notes to editors:
Whatley Manor Hotel & Spa opened in July 2003 following three and a half years of extensive restoration and is independently owned by Mrs Alix Landolt and Mr Christian Landolt. On 1st July 2017 Whatley Manor celebrated its 14th Anniversary. Set in the beautiful Wiltshire countryside on the edge of the Cotswolds it offers 23 rooms including eight suites, an informal Brasserie ‘Grey’s’, fine dining restaurant ‘The Dining Room’, Aquarias Spa, a 40-seat private cinema as well as 26 distinctive gardens within the 12 acres of private land.
The UK’s Top 25 Most Influential & Inspirational Hoteliers
* Adolf Schauer: General Manager, The Landmark London
* Andrew Thomason: Managing Director, Gravetye Manor
* Andrew Wildsmith: Owner, Wildsmith Hotels
* Arun Kumar: General Manager, The LaLiT London
* Bharat Rai: General Manager, Grange Tower Bridge Hotel
* Charles Lowther: Owner, Askham Hall
* Chris Hurst: General Manager, Hambleton Hall
* Geraldine Milsom: Milsom Hotels & Restaurants Group
* Jan-Paul Kroese: General Manager, Belmond Le Manoir aux Quat’Saisons
* Jennifer McCabe: General Manager, Charlotte Street Hotel
* Louise/Andrew Macbeth: Owners, Beck Hall
* Lynn Brutman: General Manager, Four Seasons Hotel Hampshire
* Mailo Power: Director, Athenaeum House
* Mario Ovsenjak: General Manager, Hotel Gotham
* Mark Bevan: General Manager, Chewton Glen
* Marwan Hemchaoui: Manager, The Vineyard Hotel
* Oliver Heywood: Founder, Flat Cap Hotels
* Olivia Immesi: Manager, Ace Hotel Shoreditch
* Patrick Burke: Owner/Manager, The Atlantic Hotel
* Paul Brackley: Manager, Shangri-la, The Shard
* Peter McCarthy: Chairman, Clevedon Hall
* PJ Kenny: General Manager, The Hoxton Holborn
* Robin Sheppard: Chairman, Bespoke Hotels
* Sue Williams: General Manager, Whatley Manor
* Tony Troy: CEO, Principal Hotels